We want you to love your handmade Jahde leather products for as long as possible. Follow our simple guide to ensure the longevity and beauty of your items.
- Handle leather with clean hands. Leather is susceptible to absorbing grease and oils which occur naturally on the skin.
- Avoid contact with cosmetics, hair products and fragrances where possible. Leather jewelry should only be worn after these things have been applied.
- Sharp items such as metal zippers, other jewelry and buttons may scratch or permanently mark the leather.
- Remove stains as soon as you notice them. Wipe the surface with a slightly damp white cotton cloth and allow to air dry. Do not rub or overwork the area.
- Do not use oil-based or chemical cleaning agents as it may stain the leather.
- If the leather is stained by cosmetics, oil, or fragrances it is advisable to get the product cleaned immediately by a professional.
- Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits as they will discolor and dry out leather.
- Never allow water to soak into your leather goods. If wet, do not use a hair dryer as it can burn the leather if used incorrectly. Instead, absorb as much water as possible with a thick microfiber hand towel and allow the leather to air dry.
- Waxes or silicone products clog up leather pores and may render them unable to be cleaned in the future.
- Clean suede with a suede brush.
- Think about using a leather-specific protective spray for brushed or finished leather if you use your Jahde item frequently. Test this product first in an inconspicuous area to see if the finish darkens.
- Always store your leather jewelry or accessories wrapped in the white cotton dust-cloth provided.
- If you’ve just cleaned the leather, allow it to air dry completely before storage.
- Wrap any metallic hardware that is in contact with the leather in clean, acid-free tissue paper to avoid marking or discoloration.
- When storing, keep the item laid flat and without creases, or stuffed with bubble wrap if necessary, to maintain the original shape.
- Avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. Overexposure to harsh UV rays can fade the color and weaken the durability of the leather.
Please note, variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade products, so you may expect minor distinctions that make your JAHDE product buys special and truly one of a kind.
White and natural leather will yellow or naturally darken with age.
If you have any other questions about wearing, caring for, or storing your Jahde Made creation, please feel free to contact us! We are here to help.